According to the terms of the lease agreement, tenant is obligated to maintain the rental space while living in the student residence. It is also more cozy and better to live if the room and common area, when everything is in order. We've put together general recommendations and tips to help you keep tidy.
Maintenance of electronic devices
To prolong the lifespan of the electronic devices, it is important to clean them. The kitchen electronics need maintaining and cleaning - stove, refrigerator, kitchen hood and oven.
When using the stove, different food splashes may get on the surface of the cooking areas during cooking. When cleaning the hob, make sure that the hob has cooled down. Clean the hob with a damp cloth and a small amount of detergent specially meant for cleaning the hob. After cleaning, dry the hob, for example with a microfiber cloth. If, for example, molten plastic, film and food residues containing sugar gets spilt on the hob, carefully remove them immediately. Otherwise, they may damage the cooker.
- What kind of materials should I be using to clean?
Using just a cloth and a brush is not enough for cleaning. Special cleaning agents are required for the removal of limescale deposits, grease, etc. and you can buy them together for the apartment. With regular cleaning you will get better results more easily.
- How does the garbage system work?
Garbage and used packaging should be taken out by tenants themselves and it is advisable to sort them into the respective garbage containers. Read more, how to sort garbage in the student residence's here.
- Safety while cleaning
Use rubber gloves to avoid skin damage with domestic chemical products!
- How to get rid of limescale?
Harpic Power Plus or Mayeri calc remover – an excellent products even for bathroom floors if used with a strong-bristled brush. Do not worry about the white bubbly reaction on the surface cleaned – the process decomposes the limescale and enables to remove it easily.
- What can I use to clean the stove and kitchen range?
We recommend Cif paste. NB! Do not pour liquid over the switches, because it is very hard to get dried paste out.
- How to prevent clogged pipes?
In order to prevent clogging, it would be practical to use pipe cleaning agents regularly and to clean the drain pit in the shower room.
- How to clean kitchen hood's grease filter?
The grease filter can be cleaned with a dish-washing agent. Just remove grease filter from the kitchen hood, wash it, let it dry and install back.
If you move out of the student residence, all personal belongings must be removed from the room and apartment, and the room and common areas must be cleaned.
A tidy rental space meets the following characteristics:
- Toilet and shower room - the floor, ceiling, walls, toilet bowl, sink, faucet, mirror and other equipment are clean, the surfaces must be without of removable dirt (incl. Scale deposits).
- The kitchen - floor, ceiling, walls and all other surfaces are clean, the surfaces must be free of removable dirt (incl. Scale deposits, grease). By all surfaces is meant here also furniture (eg kitchen furniture inside and outside, tables, chairs, etc.) and electrical appliances (stove, oven, refrigerator, extractor).
- Room - all surfaces are clean. By all surfaces is meant floors, windows from the inside, window sills, furniture (eg tables, chairs, cabinets and drawers inside and outside, shelves, beds, etc.). Upon termination of the contract, all items belonging to the room (eg furniture, posters, calendars, etc.) must be removed from the room.