In order to keep oneself and others safe, Tartu Student Village expects responsible behaviour and understanding attitude from the residents.
- Avoid contact with people who cough or sneeze. If you come into contact with a person with symptoms, there is a change that you will get sick.
- We recommend avoiding excessive contacts. You can also communicate with friends and family via phone or social media.
- Keep the distance! The best way to prevent getting infected is to keep a safe distance from other people (at least 2 meters). Then it is less likely, that the invisible particles of the virus will get to you from the infected person.
- It is recommended to wear a mask in common areas (eg. laundromat, kitchen, corridors).
- Pay more attention to cleaning and maintaining cleanliness, ventilate the rooms.
- If you need to visit the grocery store, plan your purchases in advance so that the shopping trip goes quickly.
- When you’re sick, you need to stay at home! That also applies, when your symptoms are mild.
- Due to the rising number of people infected with the corona virus, it is not recommended to invite guest to the student residence.
- You can now register your stay in E-kyla system. You can do it under “Location notification” menu. We ask you to keep your data updated.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Student Village by phone or e-mail.
What if I tested positive or was in close contact?
What to do when you are infected of when you suspect you could be infected?
- If you have been in close contact with a person infected with Covid-19 – stay in self-isolation, monitor your health and isolate yourself.
- If you recieved positive test result – notify the Student Village immediately via e-mail or phone. A representative of the Student Village will contact you as soon as possible with further instructions.
- Residents living in the same room or apartment as the Covid-19 positive must also remain in self-isolation and monitor their health.
If you suspect that you are infected with COVID-19, evaluate your health and act according to it:
- Symptoms are rather mild or moderate – stay at home, monitor your condition and isolate yourself.
- Severe symptoms (fever over 38, cough) – stay at home and call either the family physician advisory line 1220 or +372 634 6630 or your family physician.
- Health is critical (you have difficulty breathing and need emergency help) – call the emergency number 112.
Download HOIA app via Google Play or App Store to your smartphone. HOIA app notifies you if you have been in close contact with an infected person. You can also inform others if you have become ill. By using the app, you contribute privately and securely to reducing the number of infected people.