- Local students can fill in the application here.
- Application for international students is here.
- Short term (exchage) students can find information here.
DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS are accommodated in the following dormitories: Raatuse 22, Narva mnt 25, Narva mnt 27, Pepleri 14, Tiigi 14. Students should bring (or rather buy in Tartu) their own linen, blanket, pillows and cookware. It is also possible to buy blanket, pillow and bed linen from the Student Village. The price is 53 euros.
1. Apply by submitting online application. Once you complete the online application, you will receive an email acknowledging the receips of your application.
The application system is open throughout summer.
All students should apply for housing in UT dormitories once international travel is no longer limited, meaning air and other connections have been restored.
It is the student’s responsibility to check upon their specific travel track options.
2. If your application is successful, you will receive an accommodation offer by e-mail. You can either accept or decline the offer by logging in to the E-kyla system.
Please note that due to heavy workload sending offers and replies to your questions might take time. If you haven’t received the offer or answer to your application within 15 working days, please contact us by e-mail .
3. Prepayment of deposit and monthly rent
After accepting the accommodation offer the deposit has to be paid according to the invoice in order to confirm your reservation.
You will receive the deposit invoice during 7 days after accepting the offer.
Before paying the deposit, please read the General Terms and Conditions of the Residential Agreement. We suggest applicants to make the bank transfer for deposit payment right after receiving the invoice.
If you do not pay the deposit within the deadline, the student hostel will cancel your room reservation.
4. Signing the contract
After receiving the deposit payment, the Student Village will send the accommodation confirmation by e-mail.
The contract needs to be signed within three business days of arrival.
5. Cancelling accommodation contract
If you do not show up within the first 14 days of your accommodation period (indicated in application) or do not inform the hostel of your later arrival, application will be cancelled. Please send an e-mail to if your arrival to Tartu needs to be postponed.