- Local students can fill in the application here.
- Application for international students is here.
- Short term (exchage) students can find information here.
DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS are accommodated in the following dormitories: Raatuse 22, Narva mnt 25, Narva mnt 27, Narva mnt 89, Pepleri 14. Students should bring (or rather buy in Tartu) their own linen, blanket, pillows and cookware. It is also possible to buy blanket, pillow and bed linen from the Student Village. The price is 53 euros.
1. Apply by submitting online application. Once you complete the online application, you will receive an email acknowledging the receips of your application. There are two application periods:
1-10, June. This period is for the newcoming students admitted to English taught study programmes.
10-14, July. This period is for the newcoming students admitted to Estonian taught study programmes and PhD students.
2. If your application is successful, you will receive notification of your accommodation offer via e-mail.
3. Prepayment of deposit and monthly rent
Pay a refundable deposit of 150 EUR per place right after receiving the accommodation offer, since the payment must reach the dormitory within 10 days from receiving the offer.
The deposit exceeding the actual sum to be paid for rent will be refunded to the tenant upon termination of contract.
The average annual price for a place, including utility costs, is 110 EUR per month. In Narva mnt 89 the average annual price for a place, including utility costs, is 60 EUR per month.
If you do not pay the room deposit within the deadline, the student hostel will cancel your room reservation.
For bank transfer:
Swedbank IBAN CODE: EE112200221019557381,
SWIFT CODE: HABAEE2X
Beneficiary: MTU Tartu Uliopilaskula
Reference number: 311001100119
MTÜ TARTU ÜLIÕPILASKÜLA
Address: Narva mnt 25, Tartu 51009, Estonia
Address: Liivalaia 8, 15040 Tallinn
4. Signing the contract
The contract needs to be signed within three days from arrival and staying in the hostel.
5. Cancelling accommodation contract
If you do not show up within the first 14 days of your accommodation period (indicated in application) or do not inform the hostel of your later arrival, application will be cancelled. Please send an e-mail to if your arrival to Tartu needs to be postponed.